- Biosynthestic pathways of secondary natural products in plants
- Metabolic Engineering
- Synthetic Biology
- Medicinal Plant Biotechnology
- Applications for white biotechnology and pharmaceutical biotechnology
- Born 1967 in Recklinghausen, Deutschland
- 1986 - 1991: Pharmacy study at the Westfälische-Wilhelms-Universität Münster, Deutschland
- 1991 - 1992: Predoctoral Fellow at the University of Florida, Gainesville, USA
- 1992 - 1997: PhD Thesis at the Institute of Pharmaceutical Biology at the Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
- 1998 - 2003: Habilitation at the Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
- 2003 - 2010: Professor for Natural Product Biosynthesis at the University of Groningen, The Netherlands
- Since 2010: Professor of the Chair Technical Biochemistry, TU Dortmund, Germany
Search & People Search
Location & approach
The campus of the Technical University of Dortmund is located near the Dortmund West interchange, where the A45 Sauerland line crosses the B1/A40 Ruhr expressway. The Dortmund-Dorstfeld exit on the A40 leads to Campus-Nord. The university is signposted at both exits.
The "Dortmund Universität" S-Bahn station is located directly on the North Campus. From here, the S-Bahn line S1 runs every 15 or 30 minutes to Dortmund main station and in the opposite direction to Düsseldorf main station via Bochum, Essen and Duisburg. In addition, the university can be reached by bus lines 445, 447 and 462. Timetable information can be found on the homepage of the Rhine-Ruhr Transport Association. DSW21 also offer an interactive route network map.
One of the landmarks of the TU Dortmund is the H-Bahn. Line 1 runs every 10 minutes between Dortmund Eichlinghofen and the Technology Center via Campus South and Dortmund University S, while Line 2 commutes every 5 minutes between Campus North and Campus South. It covers this distance in two minutes.
From Dortmund Airport, the AirportExpress takes just over 20 minutes to Dortmund's main train station, and from there, the S-Bahn takes you to the university. A wider range of international flight connections is offered by Düsseldorf Airport, about 60 kilometers away, which can be reached directly by S-Bahn from the university's train station.
The facilities of TU Dortmund University are spread over two campuses, the larger Campus North and the smaller Campus South. Additionally, some areas of the university are located in the adjacent "Technologiepark".Zum Lageplan